Monday 4 May 2015

My Inspiration - Five Favourite... No, Wait Six Favourite Quotes

Hi There!


Today's blog is all about quotes which are emotive to me. I am happiest when I am reading or, more recently, when I am writing. I love how powerful words are, they can make you feel a whole range of emotions, sometimes touching you right to the heart. 


When I'm feeling down, a little huffy or generally lacking in inspiration my favourite thing to do is trawl the internet for uplifting quotes and/or images.  I generally gravitate towards Pinterest for both (I have currently pinned over 1800 pictures on there - I think I have a serious addiction - please do not send help, I'm not ready to give this up!)

Give it a go, just type in 'Quotes' and see what comes up - its more exciting that way, like a lucky dip!  If it makes you feel something when you read it, pin/save/write it down. Then when you are in need of a bit of a boost, look back at those quotes, you are sure to emerge smiling and feeling more positive.

For this post I wanted to share 5 of my favourite quotes with you, however I struggled to narrow it down to under 10 to be perfectly honest and to get it to 5 was impossible - hence the 6 that feature in this post (although I have cheated slightly by posting the one from Ernest Hemingway at the top of this post!).

So in no particular order here are my favourite quotes along with an explanation of what they mean to me.




For me this one keeps me focussed when I'm just starting on a particular path, for example blogging.  I am still fairly new to this and when I see blogs with hundreds of followers, with content being added daily, its sometimes hard to see how this humble little blog can compete .  For me I interpret this quote as - Get your head down, work at it and don't worry what others are doing - you just do your own amazing thing.




I love this quote, it reminds me of that song Que Sera, Sera by Doris Day - What will be, will be. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and for me this quote says don't stress about the length of time something seems to be taking - if it's supposed to happen it will.




Any quote that features stars is a winner for me, they are amongst my favourite things. This quote gets me though some pretty tough times, it depends what mood I'm in as to how I interpret it. Mostly, for me, it says you might be going through some dark times now, but thats going to make you stronger, shine brighter and appreciate more.




When I first read this one it brought a lump to my throat.  I'm not the sort of person who surrounds myself with a lot of friends, I have a select few people around me - most of whom this quote applies to. I have one particular friend who knows how I tick and can see when I'm struggling, not only that, they know exactly what to say or do to bring me back round again. (Feel the love, you know who you are!)




This one comes from an unlikely source in the great country and western singer that is Dolly Parton! When I was flicking through quotes one day, I was skimming and dismissing quite a few, but when I got to this one, it made me stop and re-read it. It resonates with me as I have battled with a few tough times over the years, for me this says dig in, grit your teeth - you won't be beaten.




This one makes me smile, every time I see it - Everyone deserves to have someone who kisses them passionately whether they wear lippy or not! And as for those who make you cry? Move over - they don't belong in your life.

I hope you enjoyed reading this and if you have favourite quotes of your own, I would love you to share them with me in the comments below.

See you next time

Lottie x

No comments:

Post a Comment