Sunday 12 April 2015

Lush Lip Scrubs - A Little Win

Hi There!

Thank you for stopping by!

How's your week been? I hope the weather has been just as good for you as it has been for me this week! I love the sunshine, it has the ability to make me find a positive in even the worst situation, which is always a winner. 

Today I'm talking about another little win of mine, Lush Lip Scrubs - lip scrubs? I hear you ask, what is the point of those? 



Well they are a lovely little creation, particularly for those of us who have lips that are prone to dryness and cracking. Sometimes even the best lip balms can't break through the build up of dry skin (that's an attractive image isn't it!)

I was worried that a scrub might be too harsh for my sensitive skin, but as the Lush products were recommended to me, I thought why not give them a go. They are fairly inexpensive too at £5.50 RRP each. All natural ingredients and not tested on animals - whats not to like?

Firstly let me start by saying these smell gorgeous! I could sniff them all day (if that wasn't considered slightly odd behaviour!) Now my favourite thing about this product is that it's edible, so not only does it leave your lips kissably soft, you can eat them too! Perfect for me and my food / beauty blog wouldn't you say! 


The Popcorn scrub contains ingredients such as Sugar, Sea Salt, Polenta, Jojoba Oils, Coconut and Popping Candy (although it doesn't crackle like popping candy does) it tastes sweet and buttery. The Mint Julip scrub has ingredients such as Peppermint, Choc Chip, Sugar and Vanilla and it tastes lovely and fresh, although very sweet. With both of these, you can taste them on your lips for quite a while afterwards too.


Lush also do a Bubblegum lip scrub, I didn't get that one, but I have been assured this one is also very good. What I will say though is that because these contain only natural ingredients, they are prone to drying out quite quickly, they  do all have a date when they were made, so check that you pick up the newest one so you get the most out of your pot. For this reason, I also wouldn't recommend opening more than one at a time.

This is a great little product, and followed with a good lip balm, they give me a little bit of pamper time in an otherwise mad day.

Give them a go and let me know what you think in the comments below.

Thanks for reading, see you next week

Lottie x

No comments:

Post a Comment