Sunday 5 April 2015

Mississippi Mud Pie Cheesecake - Mum's creation

Hi There!
Thank you for stopping by


Happy Easter everyone, I hope you've been able to take advantage of the long weekend, I know so many people still have to work and for that I feel guilty for mentioning it.  Hopefully if you are a chocolate fan though, this week's post will cheer you right up. I'm show casing my Mum's Mississippi Mud Pie Cheesecake.




There's nothing quite like my Mum's cooking, growing up I was never allowed in the kitchen, it was Mum's thing.  I guess it was her bit of peace, her sanctuary and the creations she came up with were simply stunning.  Even now when I go back to visit she likes to put out a 'few bits' which generally means several different main courses and a couple of dessert options, just so she's covered all the bases - she loves to make sure we are all happy. This weekend has been no exception, not only did we get a chicken pasta bake, we got a cheese pie and this marvellous creation. And of course there was a huge pile of fruit for anyone who wanted an alternative to this dessert. (No-one did by the way)




My mum is a big kid at heart, something which has rubbed off on me completely, so when she suggested having a competition to see who could decorate their slice of cake the best, it was on!




Mum bought out some raspberries and a little tub of mini eggs each (carefully counted out so everyone got the same - they'll be no arguments in this house!) 




I felt mine was quite structured and a bit of a work of art to be honest! But dad had to go one better and smothered his in cream, now this cake is pretty rich, so I have no idea how he managed to polish his off, but he did.




And who won the competition? Well in Mum's normal peacekeeping style 'You are all winners!' and you know what? In that rare moment of family time I truly felt like we were. Thanks Mum.

I hope you get to enjoy some family time this weekend, let me know what you get up to in the comments below and if you fancy trying this cheesecake, have a look at my recipes page to find out how to make it.



Lottie x




No comments:

Post a Comment