Sunday 29 March 2015

You Beauty Calendar Part Four - Some Eyelash Curlers, A Shampoo and A Fragrant Water

Hi There

Thank you for stopping by!


It's been a busy week for me, I've been writing lots of blog posts for you, so many in fact that I might need to do more than one a week!

This week my review is for another 3 products from the YouBeauty advent calendar.


Eyeko Eyelash Curlers



It's been a long time since I have invested in a pair of new eyelash curlers, so when I opened the door on the advent calendar to this, I was made up! Especially when I realised they retail at around £12.

These are spring loaded with blue velvet handles, the pack also comes with extra rubber strips, which is handy.  When I used these, it became apparent that because of the spring load, the velvet handles are necessary for grip. They are comfortable to use and don't pinch and as you can see from the results below, they do what they are supposed to do - this is without mascara. Finally, I can throw my old curlers away (if I can bring myself to do it!)



John Masters Organics Shampoo and Detangler


This shampoo contains lavender and rosemary and the smell reminds me of aromatherapy oils.  It's also quite a strong smell straight from the bottle, quite medical, like Vosene used to smell, if you are in the age bracket to remember that.

The detangler is a more delicate fragrance in the bottle, but as it contains Aloe Vera, Grapefruit, Lemon, White Tea, Chamomile and Honeysuckle, I was expecting it to be refreshing and energising in the shower.

The shampoo doesn't lather up as much as high street brands do and because of that I found it awkward to apply (wet, heavy, tangled hair is no fun!) but the smell is not overpowering. The detangler was fine to apply, I just smoothed it on.

Once my hair was dried, I found it gave me a nice bounce and shine and felt really clean, you can't smell the product once its dried, although my bathroom did have a lovely scent for a while after.

Both shampoo and detangler retail at around £16 each for 236ml.

Roger & Gallet - Fleur de Figuier Fragrant Water


I hadn't tried a fragranced water before and this surprised me as I expected the scent to be very subtle - i.e. diluted. It is actually, wonderfully fruity and floral, with an overall freshness. It retails at around £32 for 100ml so is quite reasonable too.

The fragrance is quite strong at first, but this wears off over the course of the day. I could still smell it at the end of the day on my skin, but it doesn't waft around you like perfume would. And if you like the scent of this, it also comes in a shower gel, soap, body lotion and hand cream so you could really take layering to the extreme with this range!


If you've tried any of these, please let me know what you thought in the comments below. Hope you all have a great week, thanks for reading, I will see you again next week for another post.

Lottie x

No comments:

Post a Comment