Sunday 22 March 2015

Food Glorious Food! - Chicken Jambalaya a family favourite

Hi There!

How are you? This week I've decide to do a food post, I should've been doing another YouBeauty calendar review, however this week it was for a tanning product, which I can't stand using, a hand cream that I wasn't impressed with and a face cream that I'm allergic to, so I didn't feel it would be a good read if I wrote about them honestly!



I often get home from work and scan the cupboards and fridge, angrily exclaiming "There's never any food in this house!' expecting there to be a ready prepared meal in there for me to just pluck out and eat! I'm sure I'm not alone when I wish for a chef to come in and do it all for me, while I sit and watch Corrie. However, as that kind of luxury isn't in my price range, I find that the next best thing to having a personal chef is the takeaway and I often find myself reaching for the menus, telling myself I'm too hungry to cook. Having said all that, I've found that cooking a healthy meal, doesn't always need a thousand ingredients and all night to prepare.  I've got a few recipes up my sleeve now so I'd like to share them with you.

Chicken Jambalaya is a favourite of mine, this particular one is actually a slimming world recipe but it goes down well with everyone in the house and they don't even realise its a 'diet' meal.  It is prepared in just one pan, so it cuts down on the washing up, which is always a bonus and it goes down well with kids too.


Just a few simple store cupboard ingredients, such as Thyme, tinned tomatoes, chicken stock and peppers added to onion, chicken and sausages.


All bubbling away nicely, its at this point you add the rice so it cooks in the stock and tinned tomato juice.


Have a look on the recipe page to see the list of ingredients and full instructions on how to make this, it only takes 10 mins to prepare and 40 mins cooking, you don't even need to stand and stir it, you can just leave it simmering on the hob until its done.  Inexpensive, easy, and tasty what more do you want from a meal?

I hope you enjoyed reading about this and I hope I've inspired you to try it, let me know if you have in the comments below.

Thanks for reading, See you next week

Lottie x




2 comments: