Sunday 15 March 2015

You Beauty Calendar Part Three - A Candle, A Mascara and A Pre-Shampoo Treatment

Hi There!
Thank you for stopping by!


How's your week been? For me this week has been a strange one, Mr M and I have inherited a tortoise so we've been learning all about the upkeep of them - there is a lot to remember!


But that's a different story - onto the review now. This week its days 7, 8 & 9 from the You Beauty calendar. 

Aromatherapy Associates - Relax Candle



This candle smells delicious, even when its not lit. It's infused with West Indian bay and myrrh essential oils, which is supposed to create a 'haven of calm and serenity' If you live in a house like mine with 2 hyperactive dogs, a loud partner (and now a noisy tortoise) calm and serenity is hard to achieve, but at least there's a nice smell in the midst of the madness now!


Teeez Desert Metals Mascara




I love, love LOVE this mascara! The packaging is so pretty (you will notice a pattern with me in my posts - I am an absolute sucker for packaging - it sucks me right in) In this case though, the product inside is actually very good. Its not thick so doesn't clump and looks really natural on my lashes if I just put one coat on.  I have a habit of rubbing my eyes and forgetting I have makeup on, so it inevitably ends up down my face - with this, it was much more resilient to a slight rub and so didn't smudge. This for me is a winner.

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer



When I heard that this product was designed personally for Audrey Hepburn, I was excited to try it. I love the Hollywood Icons such as Audrey, Marilyn Monroe and Grace Kelly. Apparently Audrey was after something that would keep her hair looking fantastic on set, due to constant processing and styling. She made an appointment at Philip Kingsley's Salon in London whilst she was filming and he created Elasticizer for her - the worlds first pre-shampoo treatment was born! After I used this product, my hair was definitely softer, however it is a bit of a faff to use.  You need to wet your hair, apply the product then leave for 10 to 20 minutes while wrapped in a plastic bag before washing off and shampooing as normal. The only plastic bag I had to hand was from Asda! While this isn't a product you could add to your everyday routine (Unless you have the time to be jumping in and out of the shower) it is definitely a little piece of pampering and so worth doing if you want super shiny hair.

I will leave you with this image of me looking super snazzy in my plastic bag - attractive, wouldn't you agree??



Thanks for reading, See you next week for parts 10, 11 & 12.

Lottie x

No comments:

Post a Comment