Sunday 8 March 2015

You Beauty Calendar Part Two - A Body Lotion, A Nail Varnish and A Mask

Hi There!
Thank you for stopping by!

How nice has the weather been this weekend? A lovely spring day, gets me excited for Summer.


This week I have written a review from when I road tested days 4, 5 & 6 from the You Beauty calendar. 


Caudalie Nourishing Body Lotion


First up is this body lotion. The official write up on this product from the Caudalie Paris website states that this product "immediately moisturizes your skin with a long-lasting effect so that it regains its softness and elasticity" I can vouch that it definitely moisturises straight away, the consistency is nice, not a thick cream and not a runny lotion, a perfect balance of the two.  



What I did find though was that my skin felt a bit clammy for the rest of the day, while its not a sticky moisturiser, it doesn't fully disappear, leaving a film on the skin.  The official write up calls it a "delicately fragranced velvety sheen on your skin" To be perfectly honest, I felt that the delicate fragrance had a scent reminiscent of plasticine once it was on the skin, but this could be different for you. All in all I was disappointed in this product and would be reluctant to pay the £20 for 250ml


Essie Nail Laquer in Lots of Lux




Firstly let me say the colour on this is simply gorgeous - I love it! It has gold flecks in it that twinkle in the sun. With it being a textured polish, it has a rough finish, if you're not into that kind of finish, you could put a top coat over it, however I don't think you would get such a good effect.  I found when applying this polish that it dried incredibly fast, I'm talking 'advert break in Corrie' fast, which is great for glamming up when you're short on time. 




It does smell really strong though, so I would recommend doing this in a well ventilated place. It has good staying power too as I had a washed my hair and did the washing up and it didn't chip or wear away at all. I will definitely be stocking up on this range!

Sisley Masque Eclat Express Radiant Glow Mask


This is a cleansing mask with red clay  The official blurb is "The absorbing power of the clay, in combination with plant extracts (Carrot, Red Vine, and Rosehip) and essential oils (Rosemary and Chamomile), helps to eliminate impurities that dull the complexion while deeply cleaning the skin" 




I smoothed this on and left it for about 5 mins before washing it off with warm water. It smells really nice, nothing like clay at all (not sure what I expected clay to smell like!). I have quite sensitive skin and this felt warming on the skin, but when I washed it off it left my face so smooth as clean. I honestly couldn't stop stroking my own face - bit weird but I couldn't help it! The full size version of this is £73 for 60ml, bit pricey, but I'm thinking it really could be worth it.


Thanks for reading, let me know if you've tried any of these and let me know what you thought.


See you next week for part 3!


Lottie x

No comments:

Post a Comment