Monday 2 March 2015

You Beauty Calendar Part One - A Cleanser, A Primer and A Body Wash

Hi There!
Thank you for stopping by!

How are you? Are you happy that the dark Winter mornings have now almost left us? I've been super busy trying out lots of lovely things so this post is a little late, but I like to fully road test products before I review them! This review is about the You Beauty advent calendar, please carry on reading to hear why I chose it and what I thought about it.

Don't you feel that there is too much chocolate around during the festive period? Hmm - I must admit, I never thought I would hear myself saying this, however it was exactly how I was feeling last year, so I went on the search for an alternative to the standard chocolate advent calendar.

In the end I settled on the YouBeauty calendar, which I purchased from their website. At £49.95, it was slightly more than the 3 for a fiver chocolate advents calendars you can get in the supermarkets, however what you get in them more than makes up for the price tag. In fact the website claimed that I had just saved over £190 as the calendars contents were worth a staggering £240.






It was amazing opening a door and getting a different treat everyday. Now that I've had a chance to thoroughly road test all of the products in the calendar, over the next few weeks I'm going to do a short review on each of the products.

So here we go with days 1, 2 and 3...

Day 1 - Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser

This smells amazing, so clean and fresh, which is exactly what I like in a cleanser.

It comes with a muslin cloth which you are instructed to run under warm water and wring out then gently wipe the cleanser off.  I must admit, I had already used my normal cleanser beforehand, but this still managed to find a bit of stray foundation, leaving me feeling really clean.


Beautifully Packaged




This original, multi award-winning hot cloth cleanser quickly removes daily grime and
make up to leave skin clean, soft and radiant.

Day 2 - Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

This is a creamy gel consistency which looks kind of odd, however a pea sized blob will cover the entire face so this is a great value product.  I have large pores and this product doesn't massively reduce them, but you can definitely see a difference in the texture of the skin.

I normally stay away from primers as I find them really drying, but this is actually really nice, my skin did feel a little tight, but it certainly didn't make my skin flake or give me dandruff eyebrows! It gives a really nice base and I think I will be purchasing the full sized version once I've finished this one.




A lightweight, creamy gel that prepares the skin for makeup application.  It creates an even, invisible layer that acts
as a buffer to outside elements and keeps makeup staying fresh and colour true the entire day.


Day 3 - Molton Brown Orange & Bergamot Body Wash

This has a really strong invigorating orange and bergamot fragrance, it really woke me up in my morning shower. It doesn't lather too well if you apply it directly to the skin, but if you use it with a body polisher it definitely does.

The after scent changed on my skin throughout the day, it smelt clean and fresh and I kept getting whiffs of it all day.  "Oo something smells nice - that would be me then!"

You can smell it on the skin longer if you smooth it on rather than using the body polisher.





The brands original gel blend with Sevillian orange oil (for radiant-looking skin), bergamot
and sweet orange blossom aromas. A bright and refreshing way to start your day.


Thanks for reading, I hope you have found these reviews interesting, let me know if you've tried any of these and if you liked them.

See you next week for Days 4, 5 and 6.

Lottie x 

No comments:

Post a Comment