Sunday 2 November 2014

The Eyes Have It - L'Oreal Mega Volume Miss Manga Black Angel Mascara

Hi There!
Thank you for stopping by!

How's your week been? Have you celebrated Halloween? I love seeing the makeup at this time of year, there are loads of crazy, fun and gory looks out there that fascinate me.

My review this week is about L'Oreal's Mega Volume Miss Manga Black Angel Mascara in Extra Black.  Even though it is a bit of a mouthful to say, I chose it for my own Halloween makeup, but the pictures I took of my efforts don't really showcase the product...But anyway, I digress, on with the review.



To give it it's official write up (from L'Oreal's website) 

 "Miss Manga features a 360 degree flexible brush for effortless application.  It's unique brush has a flat surface to intensify and amplify upper lashes while it's conical shape captures the lower lashes. Formulated with collagen spheres and polymers, the formula provides mega volume and hold" 

With the official write up stating the brush had a flat surface, I was expecting something a little less...um...round.  I think it could’ve meant the actual bristles are flat, although its hard to tell as the product is so gloriously thick.


When looking for a new mascara I picked this one because of, first and foremost, the packaging. I am an absolute sucker for packaging, if it doesn't look appealing, I scan straight past it. I.e. if its not shiny, it doesn't capture my magpie like attention.

The wand itself is, as promised, very flexible.  If I’m honest though, I found this a little awkward as I am so used to a more sturdy wand and felt that as it didn’t offer much resistance, I couldn’t get right into all my lashes.  Having said that, the product is so thick that I didn’t really need that resistance. 




If I could offer one piece of advice though, I would say when you first open this, don’t apply it straight to your lashes, give it a second or two to dry in the air, as it is so thick. This will reduce the danger of it going everywhere if you don't have a steady hand.  If all else fails you could wear your eyeshadow like my Halloween effort below and no-one would ever know...



Thanks for reading and if you give this mascara a go, let me know how you get on in the comments.

See you next week.


Lottie x

No comments:

Post a Comment