Sunday 26 October 2014

In Good Hands - L’Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream

Hi there!
Thank you for stopping by and welcome to my first post! 


Let me start by telling you a bit about myself and why I’m blogging.  I’m 30 something, young at heart and I love beauty products, makeup, food and long walks with my two  fur babies - Dee and Frank. The main purpose of my blog is to share honest product reviews, representing ‘Real Women’

I find that beauty adverts in magazines depict models, who have no fine lines, no wrinkles and perfectly symmetrical features.  They certainly don’t have a wonky lip like I do (it’s very strange – I have virtually no top lip on the right side!) But to be fair, of course brands are going to pick models who look like this, they want us to believe that we too will look like that, if we buy their product.  Time after time I fall for this clever marketing and have been disappointed on more than one occasion when I’ve bought a product and got it home only to find it really doesn’t do what I perceived it would do!


In my blogs I want to share my honest views on the products that I try, so that way you can make your own minds up if the product sounds like something you would use, although this is starting to sound very much like an excuse to cram yet more products into my already full to bursting cabinets (Apologies to Mr. M, my long suffering partner and resident clutter hater!)

So as we are talking about beauty magazines, my first review might as well be the L’Occitane hand cream that came free with my November 14 issue of Marie Claire (be quick, there may still be some left on the shelves)

There were several fragrances to choose from - Rose Heart, Vanilla Bouquet, Zesty Lime and Dry Skin.  I went to my local Co-Op and they just had the Rose Heart and Dry skin ones and as tempted as I was to buy the magazine twice to get one of each, I opted for the Dry Skin one.




This is a 30ml tube, which is very generous for a free gift as a little of this cream goes a long way.  I am a sucker for the packaging on this, I am quite arty and it reminds me of an oil paint tube (when I say I’m quite arty, don’t confuse this with me being able to paint anything which resembles real life – I’m more of an abstract kinda gal!)

If you’re anything like me, you won’t be able to try anything without sniffing it first (this goes for food and drink as well as products) If I don’t like the smell, I really won’t bother.  This product, I am pleased to say, smells beautiful, clean and fresh as if you’ve just walked into a spa.



It has 20% Shea Butter, making it a really thick formula, because of this, I found that it needed time to sink in.  I wouldn’t say it was a greasy formula, but it’s certainly not the kind of product I would put in my handbag for on the go, not unless I wanted to give the people around me a good giggle as they watch me hopeless trying to complete tasks with slippery hands. Have you ever tried buttoning up a coat after putting hand cream on? Once the cream had sunk in – this probably took about 20/30 minutes on my dry skin, my hands felt extremely soft, to the point where I kept stroking my own hands!


While I’ve established this cream won’t be a handbag favourite, it’s certainly going to be my new pamper treat, or one of the many anyway!

Thanks for reading, please leave me a comment to say hi and I hope to see you next time.

Lottie x



No comments:

Post a Comment